Toppings of your choice
You need a pound of dough and pizza toppings. We get our dough from Modern Pizza in New Haven. For a dollar a pound, it's a great deal! We do individual pizza's on our household because one of us likes veggies (me!) and one prefers meat lovers pies (Mr. Pie Plate!).
Here are the steps:
1. Turn the grill on to low
2. Cut the pound of pizza in half, or thirds, depending on how many different pizzas you want.
2. Stretch both halves to a pizza shape. We use a pizza peal to spread out the dough. I like when the shapes aren't perfect, like these ones!
3. Cover both halves with olive oil to keep the dough to sticking to the grill. (I was hoping the oil would show up better in the photo... I'll have to experiment with my new camera a little more!)
4. Put the pizza dough on the grill. Let it cook until the bottom side is browned. This is about 5 minutes on my grill.
5. Put the pizza back on the pizza peal, cooked side up.
6. The top the pizza with sauce and your choice of toppings.
7. Put the pizza back on the grill and cook until browned on the bottom.
8. Eat the delicious pizza!