Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Canning, Sewing, Baking and Rosin- Back to School for a Middle School Teacher

The beginning of the (school) year is always so very crazy for teachers.  This is true of music teachers as well, and I haven't posted as much as I would have liked.  But, here's some of the things I've been working on:

Chris and I have decided to make all of our Christmas gifts this year!  I'm super excited, although it will mean that the majority of the gift making will be my responsibility.  Bring it on, I love crafting!  I currently have 50 jars of jelly or jam in the basement, and two weeks ago, I turned these beautiful grapes (10 pounds!) into delicious jam!

I also made owl cupcakes for my friend John's birthday.  They were super cute!

And here's me making an owl face:


My husband and I have a side business making rosin for stringed instruments called Rockin Rosin.  We recently made a new shape of rosin:

I've been doing a good deal of sewing in preparation for the holidays and I made myself a quilted camera strap cover (the picture is awful so I didn't include it) and I made my mother in law a key fob.  I love them both!  I also made several pacifier clips, but since they are for a present I won't post them here!  :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment