Sunday, January 8, 2012

Orange Ginger Marmalade

I love my husband!  So much that I threw him a New Haven Pizza Tasting party for his 30th birthday last night(don’t worry, I’ll post the results soon)!  And my husband loves oranges.  Every year we buy a big box of oranges from a fundraiser and it is glorious!  Sometimes Chris eats 5 in a sitting... this might ruin dinner, but that's ok because he is never going to get scurvy.  This year we didn't go through the entire box of oranges.  Chris suggested I do something with these oranges and we both know what that means: canning!  Over the summer we got married in a barn and we drank out of mason jars.  You can see one here:

This meant that we had 160 mason jars in our possession.  Oranges and canning mean one thing: marmalade!   I went to one of my favorite websites: Foodinjars.com.  It is a great website and I have learned a lot about canning from Marisa.  I chose her Orange Ginger Jam and my neighbors Julie and Dave came over to partake in the canning experience.  As always we had a great time! 

 This was our final product!  Everything looks so pretty in jars!  If you are looking to try making marmalade, this one is fantastic!  The ginger and orange are so delicious together, I highly recommend it.  Here was our finished product: 


Have a great week and make this marmalade!

No comments:

Post a Comment